Whether documenting a computer problem or a favorite Web site, many computer users will someday need to capture exactly what’s on their computer screen. This program isn’t the most powerful screenshot tool, but it offers almost everything an average user will need in a easy-to-use interface. The software allows users to save an image of the full screen, an active window, or any rectangular area as a graphics file. However, it can’t take pictures of menus or documents that require scrolling. It offers editing features including cropping, highlighting, blurring, and resizing, but lacks annotation components such as text balloons or arrows. The interface makes it easy to manage several screenshots at once. All told, we feel comfortable recommending Screenshot Captor as one of the best freeware tools in its category.
Optimized for taking lots of screenshots with minimal intervention; stays out of your way until you need it.
Super easy to add and edit callout arrows and text boxes.
– Easy automatic or on-demand uploading of screenshots to image hosting services; easy emailing of screenshots to your friends and colleagues.
– Take snapshots from webcams; record video with the ESR addon.
– New optional quick-capture docking bar and post-capture action dialog.
– Full set of scanner acquisition tools and scanner image correction.
– Perfect capture of Windows 7 partial transparency effects.
– The most powerful scrolling capture tool in the field.
– Great special effects, including automatic active window enhancement, ragged edge splicing, pixelation, smart text removal, and many more.
Ability to embed textual comments in files or add attractive captions to images and printouts.
Unsurpassed multi-monitor support and lots of capture modes: Multimon (multiple monitors), Desktop, Active Window, Region, Windows Object, Scrolling Capture. Each mode has a customizable hotkey for quick access.
Unsurpassed support for 3rd party user configurable tools, including file browsers and image editors; extend the program to do whatever you need by interfacing it with other programs.
Sidebar thumbnail file browser provides full shell operations, drag and drop support, and right-click actions on screenshots.
Deluxe thumbnail maker and watermarker.