WinRAR is an advanced data compression utility that Compress, Encrypt, Package and Backup with only one utility supports a wide array of formats, including RAR, ZIP, CAB, ARJ, LZH, ACE, TAR, GZip, UUE, ISO, BZIP2, Z and 7-Zip. It enables you to create, organize and manage archives in a comfortable and quick manner.
Quality compression and multiple disk spanning
The complex compression used creates small archives to save disk space and enable faster file sharing. Audio and graphics files benefit from a special archiving algorithm which doesn’t sacrifice quality.
It’s also possible to split archives into several smaller volumes to spread them across multiple devices and easily transfer them onto other computers, which is particularly practical when attempting to compress very large files.
Advanced features for compression and decompression
The available security tools are designed to password-protect archives and optionally encrypt file names to add an extra layer of safety. Meanwhile, the application can be asked to verify archive integrity as well as to attempt repairing damaged or corrupt archives.
Expert users can configure settings concerning the preferred compression method, dictionary size, file update mode, self-extracting archives, recovery records in case of data loss, archive locking, NTFS symbolic and hard links, and other aspects.
Files can be backed up before compiling them into archives, while virus scans can be executed before extracting files from the archives, so there’s no risk of putting the computer at risk.
WinRAR at a glance
- WinRAR is a powerful compression tool with many integrated additional functions to help you organize your compressed archives.
- WinRAR puts you ahead of the crowd when it comes to compression. By consistently creating smaller archives, WinRAR is often faster than the competition. This will save you disk space, transmission costs AND valuable working time as well.
- WinRAR supports all popular compression formats (RAR, ZIP, CAB, ARJ, LZH, ACE, TAR, GZip, UUE, ISO, BZIP2, Z and 7-Zip).
- WinRAR is ideal for multimedia files. WinRAR automatically recognizes and selects the best compression method. The special compression algorithm compresses multimedia files, executables and object libraries particularly well.
- WinRAR allows you to split archives into separate volumes easily, making it possible to save them on several disks for example.
- WinRAR is also ideal, if you are sending data through the web. Its 256 bit password encryption and its authenticated signature technology will give you the peace of mind you have been looking for.
- WinRAR is a trial product, meaning you have the chance to thoroughly test it. The program can be used absolutely free of charge for 40 days!
- WinRAR licenses are valid for all available language and platform versions. If you have purchased several licenses, you can even mix versions to meet your own personal needs.
Download Best File Compression WinRAR 5.31